INTEGRATIVE HEALTH COACHING
An integrative health coach is like a personal trainer, except the focus will be on your whole self.
Integrative Health Coaching empowers you to make lasting health behavior changes that are the cornerstones of lifelong well-being. Health is impacted by many interconnected dimensions. These include the choices you make that affect your physical, mental, spiritual well-being and the medical care approaches you choose.
We help support you in discovering ways to successfully implement healthy lifestyle behaviors across all areas of life, bridging the gap between medical recommendations and your abilities to successfully implement those recommendations into real life.
WONDERING IF INTEGRATIVE
HEALTH COACHING IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Many people seek the help of our health coach to address conditions like these:
- Autoimmune conditions
- Cancer, supportive nutritional care
- Chronic fatigue, chronic pain
- Diabetes, pre-diabetes, diabetes prevention
- Endocrine imbalances
- Emotional imbalances
- Life transitions
- Women's health: pregnancy, infertility, PCOS, etc.
Integrative Health Coaching is a powerful tool.
- We work with the whole person, take time to listen to your concerns, and ask powerful questions to help motivate you to make changes.
- We utilize the Duke Integrative Medicine Wheel of Health to facilitate inquiry and personal discovery.
- We help facilitate behavior change in a structured, supportive partnership.
- We can help you to identify obstacles to change and create strategies for forward movement.
- We provide additional resources for making healthy behavior changes.
HEALTH COACHING: WHAT IT IS, AND WHAT IT ISN'T
You can expect...
- A partnership
- Exploration of your vision of optimal health
- Examination of your personal values/ reasons for wanting to make changes
- Development of long term health goals, as well as short term action steps to support you in reaching your optimal health
- Accountability for your action steps in between sessions
- Support and problem-solving for obstacles to progress
- Resources as needed to support your long term goals and short term action steps
- A teacher/ student relationship. A true partnership hinges on the idea that you are the expert on your own life.
- To have goals set for you. Our work together is deeply personal and your goals will reflect your own vision of optimal health and your values, which can only be determined by you.
- To be told how to how to accomplish your goal. The how-to piece is a big part of our work together, but you are the expert on your own life.
- To be told what you should do. Every person is different and the goal in our partnership is to find the right answers for your unique life circumstances.