Empowered Birth classes help you navigate the journey of labor & birth by providing a solid foundation and understanding of the physiological birth process. This knowledge enables you to consider the many options available and the tools you need to make decisions in accordance with your values and preferences. You’ll receive compassionate support as you explore the excitement and apprehension you may feel about labor & birth. Classes are fun and engaging, with a variety of activities designed to reach everyone.
Empowered Birth is a complete curriculum, covering labor, birth and breastfeeding. Every class series has a visit with Ashley Benz, IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant). Ashley teaches breastfeeding concepts and answers questions in Class 7. You do not need to sign up for an additional breastfeeding class outside of Empowered Birth–it’s all here.
The content of this Empowered Birth series is geared toward hospital birth. Most parents start Empowered Birth sometime between 26 and 30 weeks; but early birds and later entries are always welcome.
Angela Garvin, Childbirth Educator and Doula, has a Bachelors & Masters degrees in Elementary Education. As a birth professional, she received training from DONA, The Bradley Method and Lamaze International. Currently, she is a Lamaze Certified Birth & Parenting Educator. Angela is active in our Louisville area community in teaching evidence based information in maternity care. She is the owner of Birth Louisville, and has a fun and engaging teaching style.
Angela in a nut-shell: Mama x2. NPR Lover. Science Geek. Gardener. The Walking Dead fan. Roller Coaster Enthusiast.
EMPOWERED BIRTH CLASS SCHEDULE
Get free access to Cultivating Resilience by submitting your info below. This guide includes:
- Expert advice on how to approach lifestyle change from nationally board certified health coach and Meridian Integrative Wellness founder, Jessica Hill Powell.
- Twelve pages of self-care for mind, body & spirit to promote stress relief and resilience.
- A new way to examine and learn valuable information from your unhealthy coping mechanisms.
- Meditation how-to's, including how to find time to fit it in your already busy life!
- Healthy boundaries as a way to honor yourself and other people simultaneously.
- Practical tips to help you plan for good nutrition, plus a sample meal plan, grocery list and blank templates.